Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fall Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Fall Blog Hop!  If you didn’t get here from Devra’s blog, you might want to start at the beginning (Mandi’s blog) to see all the fall goodies we have planned.  In case you get lost, here is the list of blogs:

Mandi - mjskraze.blogspot.com/
Amanda - www.lovejoypaper.com
Megancreativitybymeg.blogspot.com/
Robyn - cozienookhomestead.wordpress.com
Devra - www.mycreativeview.blogspot.com/
Laurietulip-scrapper.blogspot.com/     You are here!
Cassie - allsmilesandsunshine.blogspot.com/
C
hristy - myscrapbookevolution.blogspot.com/

The only direction we had was to make some-thing fall-related.  It could be a scrapbooking layout, a card, mixed media, fall decoration, etc.  Just something fall.  I thought and thought and thought.  What could I do that is something totally different from what I normally do?  Mixed media on a layout?  No.  A card.  Too easy.  I remember seeing people decorate their mantles with banners.  That’s it!  A fall banner!

As this is the month of giving thanks, that’s what I went with.  I love how it turned out.  Of course I used my Silhouette Cameo—that one machine has transformed the way I go about crafting. I got the banner from the Silhouette store, but it was one-dimensional.  So I offset the entire banner by 1/4”, using a barn red cardstock from Close to My Heart for the base.  The plaid is from Bazzill, and the ink for all the edges (because that’s what I do) is Tim Hotlz Distress Ink from Ranger Industries.  

Here is my version of a thankful banner: 

 

Fall 2013 Blog Hop - Give Thanks banner

Become a follower and leave a comment below.  I accidently bought some duplicates at CKC earlier this month that I am offering up for a prize—so if you like washi tape . . . Hot smile

Your next stop is the extremely talented Cassie!  I hope you have enjoyed your time here, and have a blast through the rest of the hop!  Thank you for stopping by. 

Laurie

8 comments :

okanogangirl said...

You bought duplicates ;)

Beautiful banner. Perfect for the season.

Becky said...

Love your mantel! Your banner turned out fabulous!!

GrammaChurch said...

Wow! That is an incredible banner. Love how you altered it to make it yours. Absolutely lovely!

Robyn said...

I love the banner.........looks beautiful! I esp. love, love, love your mantle..........yea, I a little jealous(I do not have one). Your decorations are fabulous!

Cassie said...

What an awesome banner! This makes me want to make one for next year! And I sure love my washi, as you know ;)

Frances said...

Your banner is BEAUTIFUL!

Mandi said...

Beautifully done. I was going to do a banner but I am sure mine wouldn't have came out looking that good. Great job.

Chark said...

so cool!