Friday, October 18, 2013

Fiber Paste!

Okay, I’ve played with modeling paste, and this week I ventured off into fiber paste.  My scrapbooking group set up a challenge to scrapbook about friendship.  I immediately thought of this picture of my BFF Chris.  We e-mail or talk almost every single day—you see, I live on the Pacific side and Chris lives on the Atlantic side of the good ole United States. 

Since I wanted to mimic the ocean’s waves and the sand, I tried fiber paste, then colored it with inks.  I used a curvy, wave-like stencil.  I wanted to make the paste more wavy, but I just couldn’t get the hang of it. 

I also did a quick spray of mist, mimicking the ocean’s mist.  I don’t know how people do it, but I can only put down a heavy mist.  Maybe I need to take my page outside and mist in the driveway and hold the mist further away?  I might try that this weekend. 

Anyway, here we are after dipping our toes into the very, very cold Atlantic Ocean. 

S Carolina - Best Friends

I had been saving the shell wood veneers (Close to My Heart) for the perfect layout, and this was it.  I put my Silhouette to good use, too.  However, thinking it through, I probably should have stuck with one title.  But other than that, I kind of like it! 

4 comments :

Devra said...

This is so pretty. I love the waves. Good for you for trying new things. Glad you joined us at ScrapStuffz' Inspired by

Robyn said...

I love this LO!! Very cool............love the fiber paste waves! Keep playing with the mist.....you will get the hang of it!!!

Adele said...

Oooh, Laurie, this is stunning. Seriously, way to go with the paste! LOVE it. And welcome to SSIB! Thanks for playing along :)

Isbaha said...

So much work, but the result is stunning !