Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall is Tea Time!

I love the changing of the season, the colorful leaves, and even the crispness of the air.  And, as fall progresses, we start the holiday season!  Yeah!
Another sign of fall for me is tea.  I love having a cup of Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice Tea in the evenings after dinner.  I grew up drinking Lipton tea.  We would have it every night for dinner.  Hot tea in the fall and winter, sweet tea for spring and summer.  I still have our family teapot and love it.  I was prompted by both the CSI:  Color, Stories, & Inspiration and ScrapStuffz blogs to create the following scrapbook layout about my teapot.
Case File 91 - TeapotFor ScrapStuffz, I was inspired by the fall colors and the warmth those colors created.  Fall is tea time for me, and I love nothing better than to sit and relax with a hot cup of tea.  

For CSI, I followed a LOT of the prompts.  It was difficult getting the color teal in there, but I was able to put pops of the color in with the arrow and stars.  The rest of the colors are all in the leaves and the teapot diecut.  Even the shimmer around the journaling spot comes from the CSI prompts.  

I really went out of my comfort zone again on this one and experimented a bit more with modeling paste and colors.  This time I used various inks to color the leaves and the tree branches.  I really love how the leaves turned out, and of course used my Silhouette with the teapot diecut.  To give it a little pop of color, I used a blue-ish teal on the stars and arrow. 
I really enjoyed making this layout and can safely say that modeling paste is going to keep making an appearance on my layouts—not every layout,  but on some. 
My next venture is into fiber paste.  I love fibers, so why not fiber paste? 

6 comments :

Steffanie said...

Love the fall leaves on this, Laurie! Thanks for playing along at Scrapstuffz this month!

Melissa Vining said...

Lovely layout! I love how you were inspired! Thanks for playing along at Scrapstuffz!

Devra said...

Love the ways you used the colors on the leaves. I'm most fascinated hearing how one photo can inspire so many different memories. So happy to see you Inspired By ScrapStuffz.

Lyne Blodgett said...

Love how our photo inspired the memories of your family. Thank you for playing with us at SSIB. Hope to see you again!

Shirley Mijares Mascarina said...

Beautiful page Laurie! Love all the leaves and the story behind the photo. Thanks for sharing your work with us at SSIB!

Stacia Brandt said...

So very pretty Laurie! I absolutely love your leaves!!!
Thanks for playing along with SSIB
Stacia
www.scrapstuffzbystacia.blogspot.com