Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dad’s 80th Birthday Party

Dad’s 80th birthday party was a smashing success!  The only thing that could have made it better is if Mom could have been there.  Dad’s sister Wilda came from California with her daughter Karla who just moved from Denver to Portland.  Dad’s brother Clyde came over from the Tri Cities with his son Dale.  And of course, Roy and Butch and their wives drove up from Kelso in the motorhome.  Nieces and nephews showed up with their parents—sister-in-law Margaret and brother-in-law Joe.  Friends from near and far and old and new came to wish Daddy happy birthday. 

I used my Silhouette to make a birthday banner for Dad: 

Happy Brithday Banner

Can you see what I did wrong?  The banner itself turned out beautifully . . . but apparently I was a bit dyslexic when I put it together.  Aw, well, nothing is perfect!  I can fix it easily for the next time I need a banner. 

Painter Siblings

As you can see, we were able to spend some time on the deck.  Don’t they all look great! 

Here’s a picture of the next generation:

Painter Cousins 05

And a picture of the next generation: 

Painter Cousins - The Next Generation 06

When Karen was in high school, Daddy chaperoned their Washington DC trip.  These girls were at a Girls’ Weekend at the beach house, but stopped by to say happy birthday to Daddy:

Daddy & the girls 03

We had a spaghetti feast, with lots of food and drink to go around. 

The next morning, the family all came back for breakfast!  All-in-all, I think Daddy was happy and enjoyed himself.  I thought it was an absolutely fantabulous weekend! 

1 comment :

Colleen said...

Looks like lots of fun! Love the sparkle in the banner. I never would have noticed the mistake if you hadn't pointed it out ;)