Monday, September 9, 2013

80th Birthday Party

Wow, I can’t believe it—my Dad is turning 80!  I offered to throw him a birthday party, and he jumped at it.  In 80 years, he’s never had a birthday party.  In fact, the first party in his honor was the 51st anniversary party I threw Mom & Dad several years ago. 

So enter in Dad’s guest list.  Not so bad, considering probably only half will come.  Nope.  Only one person on the list said they won’t be able to make it, and others are bringing extra family (which is fine—I expect my relatives to do that).  All said, we’re going to have around 40 people in our home.  And ten are staying at the house overnight, and four more at a hotel nearby.  That means breakfast for everyone!  What was I thinking? 

The Uncles (Dad’s brothers) will be here with my aunts, and one of Dad’s remaining sisters will be up from California with her daughter.  So lots of family and lots of friends.  I bought more tables and chairs today.  Yikes! 

I’ve decided on a menu of spaghetti and Costco/ Kirkland lasagna for dinner.  My will be aunt is bringing garlic bread, and my cousin will bring fruit for breakfast.  I’ve got stuff for a Caesar salad, spaghetti with meatballs, and vegetarian spaghetti.  My wonderful sister-in-law will be holding down the kitchen for me so I can mingle with the guests and take pictures.  Of course I will have to take pictures!

Here is the picture I sent out on the face of the invitations: 

Daddy's Birthday Invitation - single picture

In the picture on the left, that’s my Uncle Roy and Dad (the shorter one).  I love the picture on the right with Dad looking up at Mom with so much love in his eyes. 

I started the day with 17 items on my to-do list for the week, and was actually able to knock off 10 of those items!  Woot woot! 

I think I’m in pretty good shape for the week.  Although the items on the to-do list are time intensive, if I tackle two a day, I’ll be set! 

Wish me luck! 

1 comment :

Laureen said...

Laurie, CONGRATULATIONS, you WON for leaving a comment on my blog hop for Scrapbook Generation!!! Please contact the Scrapbook Generation store for your prize and that will be GREAT! Lucky Laurie you are! Enjoy your prize! Sorry to leaving a comment in your post but I wanted to make sure you get my message.... I cannot email you...